I don’t believe in resolutions, but I believe in lists. So here, I offer my plans for 2013:
- Yoga – really and truly try yoga this year. I bought a Groupon; now, I have to call the studio and get started. I want to be a yoga mom–they seem so serene.
- Submit – I need send stuff out. Really. I have several finished stories. Rejection can’t be any worse than looking at the files on my computer and thinking: “What if?”
- Finish the novel – or, at least a solid draft by 30 March. That’s doable, as I need to finish my thesis to graduate in May.
- Cook – prepare more meals at home and find fabulous veggie recipes.
- Run – running is awful, but I like how I feel afterwards.
And that’s it! We are celebrating the new year with a crew of good friends, and then it’s back to school and life. Happy New Year!